7 May 2010

Google layout changes...for the best?

Google has officially rolled out its SERP new layout, and at first glance, I'm not entirely convinced by this new presentation.
I guess it's like everything else, as time goes I'll probably just get used to the new layout and there must be a very clever explanation behind the update...but why change something that is so familiar to millions of people across the world?
More information and a comprehensive list of changes:

http://www.reelseo.com/googles-search-result-pages/
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/google-design-turned-up-notch.html

What do you think? do you like this new look?

2 comments:

Rochelle Dancel said...

I quite like it actually. My favourite thing is being able to search by time. The icon based categories is a bit weird, but it could just be because it's new.

I bet after a few weeks of using it you're not even going to remember the difference :)

Unknown said...

well it doesn't look like we have a choice anyway. What are we gonna do, use Bing instead??!
results do look odd on my old 7" netbook though :)
But in the end, it' all very subjective and since the search algorithm has been left untouched, I'm fairly happy.