24 Jun 2008

DirectNews part 1

In one of my previous posts I briefly talked about DirectNews, saying this was a tool I was considering for my netlinking strategy.....and this time its official, my company is going ahead with it, so i'll be able to keep you updated on the progress of this project as I go along. To put it simply, DirectNews produces a minimum of 3 articles a day based on a chosen topic, with pre decided editorial guidelines and keywords. These articles are written by journalists and are automatically updating the customers site (ie my site in this case) via an xml feed.
So what this gives me is highly relevant and optimised content with anchor text, all ready to be found by search spiders! Well thats the theory and Im actually expecting quite a lot from this in terms of organic rankings since it will add 60 pages of keyword rich content to the site every month (and content is king in SEO as we all know!) It also comes with its own RSS feed, so I really hope that it ll help link popularity which is currently my number 1 optimisation problem.
I've been struggling recently to obtain decent results in my netlinking campaigns by taking the "can i have a link please" approach, but fresh and industry specific content should definitely help syndication. Sounds too good to be true? Lets wait and see
All of this however has a rather high cost so it's only advisable if you have a decent budget (minimum of £1000/month), but experience tells me that money usually brings results, or so I like to tell my boss, so lets hope im right on this one.

No comments: