13 Jun 2008

Yahoo - Google, something to look forward to

In a surprising turn of events, Yahoo has agreed a paid search deal with Google today http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080613/tts-uk-yahoo-ca02f96.html. This means that Yahoo and Microsoft talks are finally over and that Google ads will now start appearing in yahoo (basically competing with yahoo bids).

If this is successful, it could put yahoo completely back in the picture not only for paid search but also for organic optimisation. To be honest, in the last year or so, I havent paid a great deal of attention to my sites rankings in Yahoo or MSN and almost focused only on Google, but this new deal could potentially change things. And who is to say that MSN is not going to come back with a "killer plan" to wipe competition on the search engine market (how long has everybody been expecting that to happen??!!)
More competiton would certainly be a good thing, at least for organic results, as I'm sure like me, many people get frustrated with Google rules and almost weekly changes in rankings...I do appreciate the fact that they re trying to improve search results, but I don't like being at the mercy of one company when my performance depends on their mood....

No comments: