18 Jun 2008

Link building, how does that work?

OK, first post written on my brand new shiny Asus eee pc 4g (in black!) I have to admit it, i love gadgets, and this is probably one of the coolest i've ever owned so far...
Today I'd like to talk about netlinking, or link building, or increasing link popularity (LP for the savvy people out there!)
Link building is something i've tried to get my head around for a while and I still havent found the perfect way to do it yet. It looks like if you dont have a consequent budget to support this activity, there is only a limited chance that you will be able to increase your rankings through this method. I know it is a crucial part of any SEO strategy, but it is also one of the most time consuming and trickiest. If you do not have the resources, both financial and physical, to do it, how can you increase your page rank? I've tried to get my sites listed in industry specific directories, but Google doesnt seem to care much for them....i've also tried to buy sponsored links on a hardware website on which my competitors are (and which google seems to consider as relevant for them) but somehow it had no impact on my rankings. So what next?
I did talk to a company called DirectNews recently, and they seem to have a pretty good answer with a service that offers you 3 optimised news articles a day , automatically updating your site via an xml feed. That plus RSS functionalities seem to be a killer combination....but as I said before, it all costs money, £1000 ($2000) a month. But at the moment, it still seems to be the best solution for me, so I'll have to wait until my company gives me the budget to set that up. If anybody knows a cheap, fast and reliable way to increase link popularity, please let me know!!!

No comments: